CLARE Scheckter is married to former Formula One champion Jody, and together they founded Laverstoke Park Farm, near Overton.
The mother-of-four set up The Laverstoke Park Education Centre in 2003, which has since welcomed more than 15,000 visitors from primary and secondary schools, as well as colleges, for free farm visits. The Education Centre was provided by Hampshire County Council and was officially opened by Princess Anne in February 2012.
Clare is one of Dame Mary Fagan’s deputy lieutenants of Hampshire and is also a trustee of the Enham Trust.
1. Who was your childhood hero and why? I think it was The Queen because we shared the same birthday.
2. What is your most precious possession, and why is it important to you? A box that I keep special hand-made cards and notes from my children and even some baby curls.
3. What was the first record/CD you bought? Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody as I was a huge Freddie Mercury fan.
4. What is the radio/television show you hate to miss? BBC Breakfast News, Chris Evans’ Radio 2 Breakfast Show and Downton Abbey.
5. What is your favourite film? Mary Poppins brings back wonderful happy childhood memories. The most moving film I have watched is Sophie’s Choice.
6. What is your pet hate? Bad manners in whatever form.
7. What are you reading at the moment? The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer. I read to switch off at night and usually only manage a few pages before falling asleep.
8. If you were choosing a last meal, what would it be? Definitely Laverstoke Park buffalo fillet steak, followed by a large bowl of honeycomb ice cream and fresh strawberries followed by a large tin of Quality Street!
9. If you could meet anyone from history, who would it be? Guy Fawkes as we are distantly related – my maiden name was Fawkes.
10. If you had a time machine where would it take you? The future would be too scary. If I was braver, I’d say Tudor times but I would probably have to settle for the Roaring ’20s.
11. If you were stranded on a desert island, what luxury would you choose to have with you? It would have to be my super soft pillow.
12. What sports team do you support? Saracens rugby team.
13. What was your first job? A summer job at a local ‘pick your own’ strawberry farm when I was 14.
14. If you could take over someone’s job for the day, whose job would you choose? Probably a surgeon.
15. What worries you the most? What is happening to the world in terms of increasing religious intolerance, pollution, global resources. And my kids being happy!
16. What is your proudest moment? When my children spontaneously show exceptional kindness and empathy.
17. What would you like your epitaph to be? “She always tried hard, and succeeded in being trying.”
18. What’s your guilty pleasure? Chocolate!
19. What one thing could change society for the better? Treating people as you would like them to treat you.
20. What words best describe you? Bossy, imperfect, but with a sense of humour.